Monday, February 24, 2014

Thoughts on Milk

I want to apologize for my lack of reports last week. In my defense I can only say I was sick. I'd go into more detail, but there is such a thing as TMI.

Last week I tested eggs. I had eggs fried in olive oil for breakfast, boiled eggs for lunch, and scrambled eggs with a little onion and cheese for dinner. I would have made eggs for dessert, but I have never yet made a souffle, and to make a dessert souffle requires a number of ingredients that are on my not yet list.

I confess I was flagging a little when I had the setback over milk. It was a greater blow than I had thought any one food could be, the more so because it was completely unexpected. However, I have a glimmer of hope to which I will cling. I will retest milk at the very end of the experiment and hope that the reaction was either the illness coming on or a corollary reaction. What's that? What do I mean by corollary? Well, let me tell you.

When I am sick I tend to lie around with the television on. I don't like total silence very often. It sets my brain wandering down too familiar roads, ones which are not healthy and not inclined to produce anything positive. So the TV is on for background noise and every so often, usually when something I actively dislike is on, I switch the channel. The channel I lighted upon was showing Dr. Oz. I told you, didn't I, about Dr. Oz's role is my decision to try this experiment in the first place? Again when I was sick and lying around with the TV on. Well, this time he happened to have something about gluten intolerance. Hidden signs. I learned something new.


If you are gluten sensitive you might react to milk! And corn as well. Funny thing, I'm testing corn next week. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment